Concert and Recital Requests
The Basilica of the Sacred Heart is a sacred space and should be treated with the highest level of dignity and respect. Groups directly affiliated with the Congregation of Holy Cross or the University of Notre Dame may reserve the Basilica for a concert or recital.
Concerts may be held on Sundays at 4 p.m. and Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday at 8 p.m. Please note the 8 p.m. Sunday time slot is for organ recitals only. A request to reserve the Basilica for a concert or recital may be made via an online form. Ordinarily, such requests are made two months in advance. Making the request is not the same as reserving the Basilica. A member of the Campus Ministry staff will let you know within two weeks of your request whether it has been approved.
Fees for reserving the space are as follows:
- Organ Concert Fee: $100
- Choral Concert Fee: $200
Concerts may not exceed 90 minutes. One dress rehearsal is allowed per concert. Please indicate on your request form when you would like to rehearse. All guests must observe the following rules:
- Admission will not be charged for any concert or recital in the Basilica
- With the exception of water bottles, no food or drink is allowed in the Basilica or the robe room • There is no secured storage space available in the Basilica. Storage of bags, coats and instrument cases will be in one of the designated side chapels
- No merchandise of any kind may be sold in the Basilica
- All stands and chairs must be returned to the correct location following the recital or concert
- Soft soled shoes must be worn if the steps of the high altar are utilized
- The Basilica videotaping system may be used by contacting Pentavision at Pentavision.net