Thank you for considering the Basilica of the Sacred Heart for your wedding. The information below will help you decide if and when the Basilica is the right place for you to be married. Please read through all the information, and if you have any questions, you may contact email@example.com.
Reserve your wedding date
Diocesan guidelines require that weddings at Notre Dame be celebrated in the Basilica (seats 800), Lady Chapel (seats 60), or Log Chapel (seats 35).
Wedding times are Fridays at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. (summer only) and Saturdays at 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m. or 3 p.m. except on home football weekends or dates of other major University events.
To be married in one of these locations, either the bride or groom must be Catholic and one of the following:
- Current Notre Dame student
- An alumnus/a of Notre Dame
- An active member of Sacred Heart Parish for at least two years before scheduling a wedding date
- A current full-time member of the faculty or staff who has been employed at the University for a minimum of five years
Weddings in the Basilica, Lady Chapel, or Log Chapel will open on a two-year rolling calendar. All reservations must be made online. No walk-ins will be accepted.
Available dates are noted on the calendar below and may be requested on a two-year rolling calendar. You may only submit one form per couple. These dates are not guaranteed until your reservation is complete. If you request a date outside of the two-year open window, you will be asked to resubmit your request once that date has opened.
You are also required to select the priest or deacon who will preside at your wedding. "Who should officiate at our wedding?" is an important question -- the couple extends an invitation to a priest they know and trust, and someone with whom they are comfortable in his role as a representative of the Church. Any priest in good standing, approved and delegated by the Basilica Rector, may preside at your wedding.
- A non-refundable fee, payable to the Basilica of the Sacred Heart, will confirm the reservation of your wedding date and time. This non-refundable fee covers administrative and operation expenditures, and does not include the stipends to the presiding priest(s) or musicians described below.
- Log Chapel: $500
- December - February (any time): $750
- 9:00 a.m. (year round): $750
- Summer Friday's 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.: $750
- All other times: $1,000
- It is customary to offer a stipend to the priest for his services in your preparation for marriage and for presiding at the liturgy. $200 is suggested.
- Payment for all musicians (organist, cantor, any additional musicians) is separate from the Basilica fees and must be received by Campus Ministry 30 days prior to the wedding day. The fee is $250 for the organist, $250 for the cantor, and $250 for any additional musician.
Please know that to ensure you can have your wedding reception at the location of your choice, you should decide and book as soon as possible. If you would like to have your reception at Notre Dame as well, please contact VenueND at (574) 631-1400 or visit weddings.nd.edu. If you are interested in off-campus options, visit VisitSouthBend.com.